I really enjoy reading Joni Tada's daily email devotionals. They are always wonderful reminders to be seekers after God no matter what our circumstances. Her cheerful outlook despite her physical condition keeps me so thankful for my healthy able body. It's good to be on the run - on my own! I've decided to have a positive outlook about it since it doesn't look like anything can be cut out of the busy life I lead. So I count my blessings: legs to run and do my own duties, arms to carry fresh laundry, food and whatever else, a mind that is clear to worship my Creator while caring and planning for my family and those about me, a safe country with many freedoms to enjoy, and on and on I could go.
Blessings - I enjoy so many! God is SOOOOO good, isn't He?
Today, in honor of Thursday Thirteen, I recount 13 wonderful blessings I enjoy that begin with the letter "L":
1. Lorna - my daughter, My Sunshine. She makes me happy when skies are gray! She'll never know just how much I love her!
2. Lady - I love being a lady and enjoy all the ladylike things - like LACE and tea ;) !
3.Lamplight - lamplight is so kind and warm and inviting. Antique porcelain ones with roses painted on them are my favorites.
4. Laugh - a merry heart is good medicine. I had a child ask me this summer, "Why do you always laugh?" It beats crying and it releases chemicals that heal, maybe that's why- or maybe it's because Gay is my middle name and that means "happy". Happy people laugh , don't they?
5. Lake Michigan - a BEAUTIFUL lake we visit as often as we can. We enjoyed Grand Haven's Musical Fountains again the first week of July.
6.Laundry - Clothes to wash means my family is protected and warm. An automatic washer and dryer make this job SO much easier though I do love to hang clothes on the line and smell their wonderful freshness when they are dried.
7.Lavender - a lovely plant with a wonderful fragrance. The heavy snows killed all of mine so I must plant more soon to scent my linens and closets with.
8. Lawn - a freshly mown lawn, ahhh! Delightful to see and to smell!
9. Learn - the ability to learn. Libraries are a smorgasbord of learning opportunities and a favorite place to spend a morning.
10. Love - "to love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth."
11.Liberty - "Sweet Land of Liberty - of thee I sing!"
12. Lord - the sweet Rose of Sharon, the Balm in Gilead, the Cleft in the Rock, A wonderful Saviour is Jesus, MY LORD!
13. Life - a most wonderful gift. Eternal Life - a priceless treasure and my soul's sole pursuit.
May you enjoy your very own set of blessings today!