November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year we weren't able to travel because of Benji's recent surgery - he's just not able to yet. We invited Grandma and Grandpa Truesdale to come to our house instead. We enjoyed a wonderful visit with them.
Around the table getting ready to enjoy roasted turkey, smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberries, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, relishes, etc.

Benji LOVES to play games and Grandma is always willing to play so that's what they did just about all day. I think Grandma won one game - and they play fair and square. Maybe that's why he LOVES to play games ;) !


I have longed for a creche for MANY years. DJ found these crates for free on Craigslist in anticipation of maybe being able to entice his very talented Grandpa into helping him make a creche for me. Well, let me tell you, I now have THE NICEST CRECHE EVER in my front yard. We'll take a picture tonight and you can see how lovely it is!
I hope you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the moments immensely as we never know who won't be around the table next year. Dan's brother, Dean, shared Thanksgiving with us three years ago and we would have never suspected it would be his last.
Family is SUCH a BLESSING!
Hug yours close today and enjoy.
Each day is a gift!

1 comment:

Betty Truesdale said...

We enjoyed our time very much. I slept real good in D.J.'s bed! I only won one game of checkers! Big deal huh? I never won at Monopoly, but had a lot of fun. Love you, Mom