October 10, 2007

Blooms & Berries Fall Field Trip



This week some of the homeschoolers from our church got together for our annual Fall Hayride Field Trip. We had 32 moms and students attend this year and we enjoyed a picture perfect Fall afternoon at Blooms and Berries in Loveland, Ohio. Each person taking the hayride got a bottle of apple juice and cup of freshly popped popcorn after a ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin. Some of the older kids also went into the corn maze which was shaped like a tractor and wagon this year. Jeff Probst, the owner of Blooms and Berries, went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed a wonderful experience at his family's farm. We had the priviledge of having the Hausman family joining us for the outing. They are freshly back from Romania where they worked on the Youth Outreach Building there. It was a great opportunity to get to know them and have good time together. Thanks, Sharon, for all you did in order for them to have a fun time with the homeschoolers!

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Dear Aunt Nesi,
Thanks for posting these neat pics of y'all's fun trip to Blooms and Berries farm. We enjoyed seeing all of the pics and reading your report! That is sad that the owner of the farm died not too long ago. =( But, I'm sooo glad that the family still has the farm and is doing a GREAT job with it. That is great! I'm sure that my sister and kids, the Hausman's, really enjoyed their time with y'all.

Love ya, Heather =)

Dori Overman said...

I enjoyed looking at your pictures and thought I saw a picture of Laura in them...I read your post and indeed I did. I went to Hobe Sound with her and Daryl. Small world huh? Dori (Ezell) Overman

Denise said...

Hi Dori!
Yes, you spied Laura Bryan Hausman!
They just moved here from Romania. I'll tell her you saw her on my blog. Did you notice them on my list of friends? Check out their blog and catch up with them. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for your comment.
Denise

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! And it so so good to see the Hausmans there! Are they living close by you? What a great family!!

Thanks so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments!! It's so nice to get "reacquainted" with you via the blogworld! Wish we could just sit and "catch up" sometime! It's been nice seeing you at IHC, but seems we don't usually have very much time to chat. Looks like we have some things in common; i.e. homeschooling, love for fallish things, etc.! :-)

I hope you are enjoying a great week!! Let's stay in touch!! Rebecca