April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen ~ "E"



Okay, this week I count thirteen blessings I enjoy or have enjoyed that start with the letter "E"!


1.Easter- my favorite holiday. When I rise early to rejoice with the earth the Difference that was made for eternity. Like the apostles on the road to Emmaus, He encourages me on our daily walk together!

2. Education - what I provide here at home for our children. It's not for the faint of heart as it requires a lot of energy, effort, and efficiency; however, it is an exceptional and efficient way to prepare our children for life and living!

3. Email - a wonderful modern invention allowing easy exchanges between friends.

4. English - a wonderful heritage. My great-great Grandmother, Elizabeth Smith lived during the Victorian era. I love to hear my grandmother talk about her ~ she was quite a lady. The godly Eldreds on my husbands side were also English.

5. Estate Sales - I LOVE Estate Sales! They're enchanting entertainment I enjoy very much!

6. Ellis Island - Been there once and climbed to the top of the crown of the Statue of Liberty when I was carrying DJ ~ nightmared about it the rest of the pregnancy! It was a very claustrophobic experience.

7. Elections - I was employed by the Board of Elections as Presiding Judge this year for the very first time. I have a new appreciation for poll workers ~ it's not as easy as you'd think and a TON of responsibility. Learned alot about the election process and the very important role of the Electoral College.

8. Evening - I love evenings- the close of the day when we enjoy the excellent example of modern inventions called electricity!

9. Erie - Lake Erie. I was born not far from this beautiful lake and have seen it many times.

10. Equator - crossed it twice!

11. Emily -one of my niece's names.

12.Eyelet - love it ~ so feminine and comfortable ~ kind of like espadrilles. Had a pair of white cotton eyelet espadrilles once ~ sooo comfy and pretty!

13.Embroidery - a relaxing pastime I don't get to do much of during this chapter of my life; but, I do appreciate a fine piece of pretty embroidered linen.


This was a more challenging letter but there you have it ~

thirteen things in my life beginning with the letter "E"!

3 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Excellent! ;-)

Vee said...

That's for visiting today and leaving the encouraging comment. Now I'll Encourage you to get crafty! Notice the "E" word, eh?

That was a fun post and a good way to get to know you better.

A Hint of Home said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog today. It ENRICHED me. I love estate sales, too. Come visit my blog today and see one of my finds.