March 6, 2008

Thursday Thirteen "A"



This Thursday I thought I would try something else new - Thursday Thirteen. This week I'll follow Karla's suit and begin with listing thirteen things in my life that start with the letter "A".
1. Africa - I spent five years of my life as an MK in Africa! They were some of the best years of my life and I wouldn't trade them for the world. MK's are some of the luckiest kids alive.
2. Amazing Grace - I couldn't live without it and wouldn't have made it thus far for sure if I weren't a recipient of the Accessible Advocate's Amazing Grace!
3. American - I'm proud to be a citizen of the best country in the world. It's foundation on God's Word is what makes it so wonderful.
4. Allegheny Ancestors - I hail from the Allegheny Mountains along the Allegheny River. My great Grandfather, Alonzo David Wade, was a godly example to us all.
5. Antiques - my favorite collection is my antique dishes. Candlewick glassware is my very favorite.
6. Aunt - Aunt Nesi is one of my names. Ashleigh Ward was the first one to call me that. There are now 13 others who have "technically" joined her and many other dear children call me that too!
7. Attorney - my ambition before I fell in love with Dan and decided to marry him instead! I do plan to go back in the very near future and finish my degree so that I can support our family while working from home.
8. Adjust & Adapt - Something I really had to learn to do 8 years ago when our baby was born with a severly deformed spine and then even more adjusting came when my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease at the age of 41.
9. Amish Furniture Store - we owned and operated a successful Amish furniture store called The Hay Loft for 9 years before we had to sell due to my husband's deteriorating health.
10. Amsterdam - been there twice! Charming airport and nice hotel. Just spent the night on our way to and from Africa.
11. A Beka - the curriculum we use to homeschool our three children.
12. Accessories - I love Interior Design and a favorite new book is The Art of Accessorising by Christy ------ the grand daughter of Home Interior's founder, Mary Crowley. Accessories make the decor!
13. Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass - the last book I read to my boys at bedtime - all 272 pages! Some of Through the Looking Glass is very difficult to understand since it's SO backward. Benji understood it the most!
So! Now you may know something about me that you didn't know before!
I better get busy thinking up 13 things that start with the letter "B" ..... Hmmmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Oh, how fun!!! I'm so glad you're doing this. It's been fun to come up with things for each letter of the alphabet, and it will be neat to read yours!